Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Conference Weekend

Every October Conference Weekend My family takes a trip to Snow Basin.

We ride the Gondola to the top of the mountain
We look at all the beautiful Autumn Colors
We look for wild life
and at the top of the gondola ride, we take a little hike to the very top of the mountain for this gorgeous view of the valley.
Here is a view from the bottom of the hike. Look close and you can see people at the top.

Here is a view from Half way up the hike. By this time I am out of breath and wondering what the heck I was thinking!! Trying to hike at 7.5 months pregnant with twins, and still slightly recovering from pneumonia!

My three boys raced up the mountain, while Jeff stayed with me to make sure that I didn't need medical help! :-) This is at the very top, on top of a huge rock that is up there!!
Haylee, Grady and I opted to stay at the top and not go the rock. Can you see us?
Proof that I made it with a smile on my face!
The ONLY reason I am posting this picture...and I really mean ONLY REASON... Is because my dear, sweet, neice called me today and wanted to see a picture of how big I was. SO this one is for you Am. I told you I look extremely fat and pregnant! :-) (Everyone else turn away)
This is a great activity that we do every year! My kids look forward to it and Jeff loves it!! Snow Basin is his favorite place. And the Funny thing is....After 4 weeks of being very sick and bed ridden; and being as pregnant as I am, I didn't think I could pull it off this year. Sunday night I was a little sore thinking that Monday would be a horrible day.... It was completely opposite. I felt SO good on Monday. Jeff said I just needed to "work out" all that crud.

Maybe he was right!

7 comments:

Swain Family said...

I looked, I'm not gonna lie! ;) And I think you look AMAZING! I'm also WAY beyond impressed that you were hiking!!! What a fun tradition. We miss the mountains! And we MISS you guys!

Joanna said...

you look beautiful! I tried to hike at 36 week pregnant once and it wasn't a good idea and I only had one baby in me! You are a woman. I will show Am in the morning. She is going to bed.

Karalee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karalee said...

You look fantabulous!!!! Thanks for posting a pic as I havent seen ya for a while with the prego belly:) I cant believe you are hiking! You rock girl! Cute updates! Your kids are getting so big! Cant wait to see the babies!
** Im the comment deleted--totally can't spell!!**

Joanna said...

Thank You ant liseanne.i cant wait tell the baby come,s .tell grama i seid hi .LOVE AMANDA. I love you all . bye.

nixon5 said...

What a fun time. Love the pictures.

Amber Shellabarger said...

What a fun tradition. You are awesome.