Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Child Labor Laws?

Who ever taught me math needs to be shot in the head. Or maybe I should Say....I should Have listened more in math class instead of Drawing pictures of the back of my math teachers head...(Who ironically had a bald spot in the shape of a "6") SO I would Draw pictures of his Family and make 5's 7's and 9's in their hair line. Cruel I KNOW but when I was 16 it was HILARIOUS!! (Good Times Kerri, Good Times) ANYWHO....Back to my original Story.
As I was separating all my crafts into orders...I realized that I was 12....that's right TWELVE Santa blocks Short! Not 12 blocks....12 SETS (That's 48 blocks and 12 Santa's, 12 stars and 12 hat brims) UUGGHHH!!! And how on earth did I miscalculate 12 sets? I can see maybe 1 or 2...but not 12. So...I put my kids to work!
They always ask if they can paint with me so what better time??Because if there is one thing that I ABSOLUTELY HATE to cut and paint, its Stars!But my kids had a blast.....And we counted it as FHE!!! (Score)and they did a pretty darn good job! Jeff even helped apply the vinyl.
I am thinking of starting my own little sweat shop! Those kids worked for CHEAP!!! :-)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!! Its about time they started pulling their weight. Were my two sets by chance two of the twelve? Hows it going? I haven't talked to you in, like, forever!

Joanna said...

Really!! How did you miscount 12!!! Tyler is in advanced 6th grade math and it is far beyond what I can help him with. Maybe I shouldn't have admitted that. Good to see your kids are worth something! :)

Deanna said...

I am sure your kids think they have the coolest mom ever! That is so sad that you were short on Santa sets (especially since I took one). Hailee (sp?) looked like she was really concentrating on making it look good.

The Nixon Two said...

Holy cow!!! how in the world did you miss count 12 santa blocks? You should have called or better yet brought them to work. But I loved that you let your kids help, they will think you are the best mom ever.. and you are. All my daughters ane daughter-in-laws are the best moms ever.

Chris and Kerri said...

You are too funny. Mr Ludlow's class was the best. Magazines and drawings. That's all we did. I still have those drawings by the way. Who seriously keeps ALL of their notes that they were passed in Jr High and High School. I do. Good times!

nixon5 said...

If the sonic drink sittingt there is their payment I'm in next time call.

just dandee said...

I am all for FREE CHILD (and hubby) LABOR! Looks like a little Sonic food helped in the bribery department, though.