As we were coming home, the boys climbed the fence we share to beat me home and I had to walk around with the stroller and smaller kids. By the time I walked in the door, both Cordell and Kayden were sitting on the couch sobbing! They are SOO sad to see Patrick go! He has been our neighbor since we moved in. And has always been VERY nice to our Kids. he would saddle up his horse and let my kids ride him, and would always give them rides on his 4-wheeler! So I sat on the couch with them and just hugged them while they cried.SO I told them that we would color Patrick a Good Bye card and give it to him. At 10:00 at night they all remembered about the pictures. So they pulled out the Paper and Crayons and started coloring....as as they were coloring the tears started to flow again. Not just from the boys this time, but Haylee as well! We comforted them as we got them ready for bed, tucked them in and promised that we would take a family Vacation to Arizona and Visit him! While I was picking up the crayons and Pictures, this is the boys picture that I found.....
Notice they all have frowny faces! and my favorite?? The broken Heart above them. So now I start to cry because I realize just how sad they are. Lots of tears at the Chapman house yesterday!
Good luck Patrick! We will take good care of your family while they are still here!
4 comments:
that picture is the CUTEST thing and it brought tears to MY eyes. Thanks Patrick for letting my kids ride your horse last Christmas! It was a highlight of their vacation.
That little Grady KILLS me. I can't believe it has been a year since we saw him (and all of you) We miss you ALL!!! xoxo
Is that Patrick as in St. Patrick's Day? Oh...so sad when a good neighbor moves. And what a cute picture they drew for him.
Im gonna start crying! The little broken heart is so sweet!
We are going to miss you guys SO much! All of you! I just stopped crying Liseanne! lol! That totally got me going again, they are too sweet! Patrick was having a hard time after you guys came over that day!
I am going to be Fed-Exing him stuff every couple of weeks, so if your kids want to send anything, I will give you a heads up! :) He would love it! And I guess I should thank your kids, cause now you HAVE to come and visit us! :)
Thank you for everything you have done and do for us! You guys are the BEST NEIGHBORS EVER!
Post a Comment