Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Haylee and her "Purple"

Haylee has Had this blanket since Birth! She loved it so much as an Infant that I couldn't keep it clean! So my Mom made another Purple blanket so I could wash one while using the other. Anyway, pictured below is Haylee this year at the Dairy Farm! I told her to bring a jacket and She chose "Purple" This is the Original "Purple" that was given to me as a gift. This is last spring, where Haylee is using "Other Purple"
And here she is sporting Both "Purples"


Camping with "Other Purple"

And dressing up with "Purple"

The other night while sitting at the Dinner Table. we were discussing Fire Safety and what we do if our house ever catches fire! Haylee has a HORRIBLE fear of this Happening. That's pretty much all she prays for at night. "Thank you for my house to NEVER catch fire" I think are her exact words. Anyway, they all know to get out of the house and meet at the Mail box so we know we are all Safe. I was quizzing Haylee...and our conversation follows....

M - Haylee do we run back to our room to get a Barbie?

H - (shaking her head) No!!

M - what about your favorite Doll?

H - No!

M - Do we hide under our bed or in our closet?

H - No!! (still shaking her head the entire time)
M - Do we run back and save Purple?

Haylee's head suddenly stops shaking, and her eyes fill up with tears....."But I LOVE purple SOO much" (now sobbing at this moment)

Then we preceded to tell her that Grandma can make a new purple but we can't make another Haylee...Yada, Yada, yada.
My dear Sweet Haylee....all she worries about now is making sure "Purple" and "Other Purple" make it out alive!!

8 comments:

Joanna said...

I LOVE that girl!!!!! Haylee I would even make you a blanket. :) Abby loves hers aw well and it has a big BIG hole in the middle. I am just waiting for this whole thing to come undone. Then we will be callling grandma for a new purple blanket as well. :) Haylee you are beautiful and I love you!

nixon5 said...

That is too sweet just like haylee. Thanks haylee for always being so sweet to zanna she loves you. I have a HUGE big fire fear also.
Our meet place is the mailbox too:)

Hollie said...

Oh little Haylee. Poor little thing. I am terrified of fires also! I remember being little and praying every night that no fires or earthquakes would hit my house! Cute post!

Deanna said...

That is such a darling blanket. At least she picked a cute one to be her favorite. We told our kids to meet on the porch of the house across the street. We told them to go there and ring the doorbell a hundred times so they can call 911 or help us with whatever. That way the kids are out of the way for a fire truck, and they can help us count and keep track of them. (The neighbors know their porch is our meeting spot.) Just a thought

Swain Family said...

She is the sweetest! Even with all those boys around! lol! I just love her!

Swain Family said...

And as kids, my brothers and I actually started are house on fire! It was pretty bad, (that one my parents still don't really laugh about!) but our family had never really had an evacuation plan before that! So props to you guys for teaching your kids so young!

The Nixon Two said...

Good post by Deanna. Follow it as it echos my feeling.

allredclan said...

I think Purple and Other Purple are looking a bit faded if you ask me... ;)