Monday, October 6, 2008

It's Autumn Time, It's Autumn time....The leaves are tumbling Down!!

We took our annual drive through the mountains to see the Autumn Leaves. The first part of the drive was a little discouraging because there was NOTHING!!! But the higher we got, the more beautiful it became! These Red Berries were SOO vibrant! I love this picture!Here is the Family with Dad This little Chunk was having a really good time on his Dad's shoulders!
This was my view for most of the hike. If you missed the cute part of this picture......
Here is a close up!
Look at all those colors! It was beautiful and the smell was amazing! If I could capture that smell and put it in a candle, I would burn it year round! It is so clean and crisp smelling! Here is Mom and the Kids!
This is the view from the top! Breathtaking!!! This is on the way back down. Chester Said "Ohh Mom, yook at all dose poko-dots...they are so bootiful!" (referring to the circle shaped leaves on the trail) And in his hands are Rocks, that he carried the entire time! They are for his "Rock bee-quection"This poor guy hasn't felt well all weekend and tried to muster up a smile for the picture...but you can tell he still isn't feeling 100%. What a good sport he was.
And Kayden was having too much fun walking ahead and hiding on the trail and then jumping out to scare us! He had a smile like this the entire time!I love this time of year! What a beautiful, relaxing Day!

6 comments:

nixon5 said...

I love this time too. We love going to look at the leaves so fun. I love the gradys little vertical smile how cute is that.

The Nixon Two said...

I LOVE THAT YOU DO THAT EVERY YEAR AND THAT YOUR KIDS REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO GOING. SORRY THAT CORD... DOESN'T FEEL WELL. CUTE PICTURES. DIDN'T MEAN TO HAVE THIS ALL IN CAPS.

Meredith Haag said...

Sigh....I miss UT! We have to drive for about an hour to get to the mountains here. It feels like UT when you get up there, but I'm use to a short drive. So, thanks for the pictures! I could just smell it!

Joanna said...

That little Grady is SO cute and so chunky! I LOVE it!! I look forward to our fall things here as well. I am hoping to go this weekend. I love the pictures of you and Jeff of all the kids.

allredclan said...

Oh, how I love fall! I'm glad you found some photo-worthy leaves finally. I keep attempting to take a great picture of my kids in the perfect Autumn background, but sadly, someone is always screaming in the picture, another one has to go the bathroom, another one has just stepped in a puncture weed patch, and yet another is complaining about something. Maybe one year... What did Pres. Monsen say? "Enjoy the journey." I need to work on that, it seems.

Suttlemyre Family said...

I love the pictures of the leaves. The pictures of the kids "cracked" me up. No pun intended there:). I looked like fun.