Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Guess what I've been doing??

Can you guess what I did ALL day yesterday and even a few hours this morning?? Does this picture give you a clue?? (If you can't tell....that is a huge pile of Sawdust covering half my saw)Still don't know what I did yesterday??? Does this picture help? This is scrap wood that falls from the saw, and this picture doesn't do it justice. This is what Happens when you have a bazillion things to cut and sand....and instead of sanding the wood that you just cut, you sand your fingers. I think I did it 4 different times. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody. Again....This picture doesn't do it justice! (BTW...I learned to wear gloves when I sand...Brilliant!! I know!)This is LOT 3 of what I have painted for the Kiddie Kollege so far....That is right... I have painted 2 other "batches" similar in size/quantity
Here is a closer picture. Yesterday I cut, sanded and painted 5 sets of Autumn blocks, 3 sets of Scarecrow Autumn blocks, 2 scarecrow door hangers
6 sets of Family blocks and a special order for a mom who wanted her child's name.
If I have to cut and paint ONE more set of Family blocks or Autumn blocks I might throw up!! After finishing and taking the finished product to Kiddie kollege....I had one more order...For 3 sets of Family Blocks and 3 sets of Autumn blocks! (BARF x 6)

And this is the GINORMOUS spider we found in our garage Sunday morning before Church...It has NOTHING to do with this post but I HAD to post this! "Gwoss" (quoting Chet) Just for your info, That black board that is in the side of the picture is 4 inches wide. That will give you a better understanding of just how HUGE this spider WAS. (Rest his soul)

OK now that I have posted my spider....I can move on to bigger and better! I am Running another contest.

*********CONTEST*************

Guess how many hours I spent TOTAL yesterday and today painting and cutting the above pictures and You will win....AUTUMN BLOCKS!! HAHAHA KIDDING!! I don't want to make any more of them... BUT YOU WILL WIN MY DARLING HALLOWEEN CRAFT SET.

Tell your friends! This contest closes at 9 p.m MST on Thursday.

p.s Sorry Mom you are exempt from guessing because you know how long I spent doing this...But I'll make you something for giving me a day and a half off so I could finish these!

12 comments:

Krista said...

I'm going to go with 18.5 hours. That spider was super sick and creepy. I can't wait to show Dustin when he gets home. He HATES spiders.

Meredith Haag said...

Yuck! That Spider is soooooo creepy! I love all your crafts!! You are so talented Liseanne!
Ok, so my guess is.... 23 hrs! And if I don't win.....you better turn the saw back on, cuz I'm putting in an order!

Unknown said...

That spider rivals my tarantula in St.George. I think its a tie, yours is way more creepy looking, but mine was hairy!

My guess is.......
21.3 hours

Yay, I hope I win!!

Wait, will I have to help paint this Halloween set?

Karalee said...

That spider is the sickest!! EWWW! I'm gonna guess 20.5 hours plus 25-30 min it would take you to cut out some of those super cute autumn letters with the pumpkin for me ?! Way cute! I hope your fingers heal!

Joanna said...

I am going to guess a little low only because I think you may be fast. Then again what do I know.
15 hours is my guess

Unknown said...

I think you spent about 16.5 hours.
by the way who did you say that say that the blocks were next to belonged to? Did you say it was my saw. jk

Matt

Mary M said...

I think you spent 18.5 hours and you are so awesome to do all the wood work and other work for all of us teachers at work.

allredclan said...

I have to agree with Joanna in that you are a fast worker. I'm lowballing here with 12 hours. And look on the bright side: You wanted a way to sell your stuff and make a little extra money and look and what you did! =)

p.s. Um.. may I please have just the M of the AUTUMN blocks? Mine has gone missing. Maybe that big spider laid her babies on it and they all chewed it to heck.

And now I am officially gwrossed out.

Love you.

Suttlemyre Family said...

That spider is NASTY!!!!! As for the guess I would have to say at least 24.5 hours. I know the pain!!! But, they all turned our wonderful!!!

Swain Family said...

So, I know I missed the deadline, but I am still going to guess! 19 hours! And just for laughs I am going to make that picture of the spider our wallpaper to scare the crap out of Patrick! lol!

Unknown said...

I missed the deadline! Darn it! But thanks for making the DARLING blocks for Breeley! She loves them and I love them! You are so talented. I am excited to see your halloween stuff!

P.S. I was going to guess 14.5 hours!

Deanna

Patterson5 said...

You really are so talented! I hope you enjoy "woodworking" cuz you sure are good at it and do it a ton. Too bad all those kiddie kollage parents burned you out with all those orders....I want to place one!! Maybe I can get to you first for the Winter ones before the rush!:)