Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mess, Messy, and messier....Plus a "LITTLE bit of Dust too!

Once upon a time there was a beautiful unfinished basement in Mrs. Handy's home. Perfect for woodworking Magic, and crafting of all kinds.....

But over the years her work room became a mess!!!. And that Mess Grew...


And Grew And grew some more....Until Mrs. Handy couldn't even work down there... (thank you Mr. NOT-so-Handy for contributing to my mess with your Beautiful weight Bench AKA my weights for clamping projects, and your non-working treadmill)
Then one Fine Monday morning Two wonderful cleaning Fairies arrived at my house and started to work their Magic! ( you only see one fairy here because the other one had to leave to go get her fairy Hair done by a real Fairy!!! ) HAHAHA That was a good one HUH! After the cleaning fairy cleaned under my work table....It was time to pull out the power tools! So Mrs. Handy pulled out her circular saw, safety goggles and sound blockers (AKA really large goofy looking earmuffs) and....started to build storage shelves for all her miscellaneous wood pieces....Such organization!!! And notice the clean work Table! Its a Beautiful sight!!Then the Two Cleaning fairies, along with Mrs. Handy started to put things away! You may think this work table still looks a little cluttered but HEY!!! Where else is a woman suppose to store her drill press, scroll saw, chop saw, circular saw, sawz-all, Large Sander, small Sander, Router, nail gun with compressor and drill?? That's not even counting all the tools in the tool box, but we will get to that later!Notice this area?? This is where the Weight Bench (aka, weights for clamping my projects) and non working treadmill used to be! Unbelievable Huh?? You couldn't even see the floor in the before picture!

* Sigh(with a smile) * And this? This is where the cleaning Fairies, along with Mrs. Handy decided all the squares and levels should be hung. Including a Jar full of SHARPENED pencils, and safety gear (aka. really large goofy looking earmuffs) ALL for easy, quick, findable access


And after 6+ hours of cleaning and organizing and building, the two cleaning fairies and Mrs. Handy are FINISHED!!!!

Then Mr. NOT-so-Handy (at least when it comes to power tools) comes home from his Long Day of Programming and MXP and Crystal report writing...to a beautiful Large CLEAN work room for his Wife! And would you guess what his Favorite part about the WHOLE ENTIRE room was????

The Tool Box! And do you want to know why?? Because after giving it to me for Christmas 2 years ago....


it FINALLY has tools in it!


A huge Thanks goes out to my cleaning fairies! One for working her fairy cleaning Magic on her Birthday and to the other one? THanks for getting your Hair cut by a real fairy so I could crack that joke earlier in my post! Don't get me wrong everybody...I Love the "Gays" but more importantly......I LOVE MY CLEANING FAIRIES!!

Stay tuned to see what happens when your husband goes out of town, and you have a VERY white, VERY boring Bathroom......Liseanne gets CRAZY with a paintbrush!!!

5 comments:

Meredith Haag said...

Oh how funny! I wish I lived closer so I could come see it first hand. What are you making with all those saws? I bet your house is decorated from top to bottom with all your handy wood making talents! I didn't know you could work with wood. That's so awesome!

Joanna said...

WOW! I can't wait to see what you make with a clean room. Something for me! Did you do this on mom's birthday? I can't wait to see what you did to your bathroom.

Karalee said...

Thank you for the bedtime story!! It was wonderful! Have you been published?! :) Your joke did make me laugh uncontrollably!! I love the room and shelves and i totally want my bathroom done too!! I saw mindy's on her blog. Is that what your doing? Cant wait to see pictures and then have you come and do my bathroom too;)!

Natalie said...

Holy Crap! It looks great! You are such a Wood wonderwoman! Also love the Dr. Pepper shirt that has been favored in this Post :) Cant wait to see the bathroom !!

allredclan said...

You really should write children's books.... ;)

I would just like to make it clear that we all deserved a medal for lifting all those extremely heavy items that Mr. Not-so-handy had stored down there.

Also, that hair cutting fairy knows his stuff! =D He did a fabulous job!