Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yellowstone Vacation, Day Two

I forgot that I wrote down funny things the kids would say so I could use them on my blog....(since my blog is also my journal) I forgot to post yesterday what Kayden said as we pulled into Yellowstone. He had a very concerned tone to his voice and he asked "Do they speak our language in Yellowstone?"

Day Two started early in the morning as we headed to West Yellowstone. On our way we met this Bison who was kind enough to eat right next to the road so I could take the picture from the safety of my car
While we were driving, we ran into our first "hot pot" This one was called Dragons Mouth. Chester was SO excited and would say "I wanna see the Cano" (volcano) Then when he realized what the name was..he was scared of the "dragon"
Our next little detour on our way to west Yellowstone was a beautiful waterfall, and as we turned the corner we ran into a traffic jam. And this is the cause of all the stopped cars. This little fella was even closer than the Bison. I got right out of the car, walked right up to it and snapped a picture.
Once we arrived at the Waterfall we bundled up (notice there is still snow) and headed out on our little hike! It was FREEZING but when we got to the viewing point......
we saw this very large, beautiful Waterfall.
Then we finally headed out to west Yellowstone.....First Stop???? Thank you West Yellowstone for having a NAPA....after we bought a new battery, our trailer stayed nice and toasty warm!The main reason of going to west Yellowstone was NOT to buy a battery, but to visit the Bear and Wolf Refuge. Here is Dad, Chesteriffic and Hayler-ca-nayler Watching the wolves.

Then my kids decided that they can speak to the wolves...make sure your sound is turned up!

Next we visited this HUGE grizzly and he was putting on quite the show. He was rubbing his bum on this rock....I hear rocks are great for itching those hard to reach places....
Next he walked over to this tree and stood on his hind legs, leaned on the tree and broke it right on half. This is what Cordell would do if he met this bear in a Forest...again, Turn up your sound. Make sure and hear Chesters comment about Jeff Crapping his pants.....TOO CUTE!!
This was on your way out of the refuge. Who wouldn't take a picture here? It's a GIANT teddy!


After the Refuge we went on a car ride through the city. This is a refurbished Yellow bus that they used in Yellowstone YEARS ago to tour people through
Fun but VERY cold.
After our fun day in West Yellowstone we headed back to camp for Dinner. Grady LOVED sitting by the camp fire
And see this poor little bird, sitting at the VERY tip top of a VERY tall tree????
Chester is determined to hit it with his newly purchased dart gun!!
Once Dinner is done and all cleaned up...we head into our nice warn heated Camper (thanks again NAPA) and play some good games of GO FISH! Check back tomorrow for More fun filled adventures of Yellowstone! Day three of the Chapman Vacation



7 comments:

nixon5 said...

cute pictures!! I love love the one of grady.

Karalee said...

So Cute!! I love the videos! Im glad Jeff is potty trained-for your sake! Your kids are too cute. Who doesnt wish to take their kids to yellowstone and see a bear itching it patootie! HA HA! That would make Livy's trip! I love Grady in his bumbo! Looks like you had a blast!

Unknown said...

What a fun day, even with a detour to Napa! I love the video clips. Grady looks stinking cute in his seat with his coat all done up. It just makes me all the more jealous we couldn't go, even with the snow!!

AF Nixons said...

It totally looks like fun...despite the cold.

Joanna said...

Looks like fun! I loved hearing your kids voices and loved Gradi in the chair!!

Joanna said...

I mean Grady

Brady Nixon said...

Is that SNOW??? What the heck is that? I think this looks like a GREAT vacation! I hope my family gets to Yellowstone sometime. See you in a few.