Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yellowstone Vacation, Day Three

I woke up this day with Chester pointing his Dart gun right at me....Good thing I had the Camera right next to my sleeping bag


We had a boat tour planned for Friday morning. It took us out on Yellowstone Lake and then we were told many historical stories I absolutely love his face in this picture...isn't he handsome?
Here we are...all ready to launch! It was fun...a little long for the kids, but fun!
After the boat ride we headed back to camp for some lunch, and to get ready for Old Faithful. Cordell waited here until lunch was ready.
Now that we are at Old Faithful....we had much waiting to do. All of the kids were Very well behaved considering we sat in the same place for about an hour. This is how they waited....Still not time yet..... Cord kept asking "when is Old Maybel going to go off? Or "When is old Maid going to go off? And Also..."when is Old Grateful going to go off?" Too Funny! Each time he asked it was a different name.And More waiting.... FINALLY! If you asked me...Old Faithful wasn't "all that"
Next we took the "walk" around all the different hot pots and geysers. It ended up being about 3 hours worth of walking. The kids were tired, I was tired, Grady was getting close to eating time....And Jeff? Jeff was LOVING every minute of it. He loves to hike and walk and see beautiful things! In fact....This was his favorite part about the trip!




After our small jaunt...we ate in the Old Faithful Cafeteria, and then ended dinner with Ice CreamWhile Haylee and Chet were finishing....Kayden was looking at the herd of Buffalo that had wondered into the old Faithful area........LOVE, LOVE this picture!!! So the boys went out to get their picture taken by the Buffalo.On the way home from Old Faithful (even though we were ALL exhausted) we stopped to see another Waterfall! They are Chester's Favorite!

But, I was able to get this cool Panoramic picture of my Family! (I love my new Camera)
P.S..Notice the snow is gone? But its still a little Chilly!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

It looks like you had such a great time. I laughed SO hard at your video. It was too funny to hear your kids. I MISS them. Kiss them for me.

nixon5 said...

what a fun day! The pictures are darling