Jeff and I decided to leave a day early and only drive half way. Here we are loaded and ready to go. We drove to Afton Wyoming
Once we got to Afton Wyoming we found a hotel and stayed the night! The great thing about having small kids is they can all fit onto one bed!
Wednesday morning we woke up early and headed towards Yellowstone....But not without stopping in Jackson Hole first.
We went through a few shops so the kids could look at all the animals.
I couldn't get Haylee and Chester to stand in front of this one... I don't blame them. It was a little freaky! "Why are all your kids wearing their winter coats on your "summer" vacation??" you ask??????
Because this is what we were driving into....Welcome to "Christmas in June" is how they greeted us at the Yellowstone entrance
And this is our lovely campsite that we would call home for the next five days. (gulp) I am VERY glad that I listened to my husband and packed winter clothes and heavy coats! Sometimes they do know what they are talking about! But don't tell him I said that!
While Jeff and I set up the camper, the kids had a blast playing in the snow.!
All is fine and dandy, Kids are having a blast..........
They are thrilled that it is snowing in June.
Then things take a turn for the worst! in this Beautiful 30 degree weather in June on our fun "summer" vacation, the heater in our camper decided not to work. And Jeff and I now realize the magnitude of our problems as there is NO WAY that we can stay in the camper with little kids, 20 degree weather at nights and NO HEATER! Now comes stress and tears. We tried everything....Two different strange men tried everything and our heater would just not heat up! (and in case you are all wondering...it did work at home because we checked EVERYTHING before we left) So after MANY tears and countless prayers we make the decision to pack up and come home. While I start to pack up, Jeff heads down to the office to tell them our dilemma and ask for a refund.....when suddenly....our prayers are answered and Jeff Miraculously knows the source of our heater problems. "Its not the actual Heater Jeff...its the battery" He comes back to camp (I am packed and ready to go) and he says "lets try one more thing." He pulls out our Handy Dandy generator and charges the battery and TA-DA...HEAT!!!!!! Our prayers were answered in more ways than one. Not only did we pray that our heater would work. We prayed that we would stay warm! And at three in the morning, when our heater/battery gave out again.....We all stayed nice and toasty warm until morning!
Stay tuned for our next day of Summer Vacation!!
First on our agenda?? Head to west Yellowstone to buy a new Battery for our camper! :-)
7 comments:
so glad you did not have to come home. I cant wait to see the rest of the your pics. How fun even in the snow in june! Memories are great.
What a great way to have fun memories. So glad you got your heater working, and you didn't have to go home. Looks like the kids didn't care if it was snowing, they had fun. I love how adaptable kids are.
Love the summer pictures.:) You are a saint to take kids camping in the snow. I can't wait to see more and I am glad that you are home.
Man I sure am excited to see ALL the pics from yellowstone! I have been waiting and waiting! Every time I come to look at your blog I saw the no programing sign and would be so disappointed:) Your fam is so dang cute!
Summer vacations like this one are the ones you remember the most and the ones you laugh about later on. So glad you had fun and that you stayed warm. I did worry about you. Glad to have you back home all safe and sound.
When I saw the pictures of the snow and your kids in their coats, I couldn't believe it. How many kids can say they have had christmas in summer?! They looked like they were having a wonderful time. Glad the heater worked for you guys. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
I can't believe that snow...that is so crazy! Next time, come camping in Florida and bring your bathing suits! :)
Post a Comment