Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Succcess

**WARNIG** Kind of a long post...but SOOO worth it!!!

See this very empty space in my kitchen??? It really needs something...don't YOU think??So here are a few more steps towards completion of my table. I have to extend the original frame to make it fit my new table top.....So here are the new pieces, all ready to be painted black And here was my helper for the day. I am teaching her young!
Now for the varnish.....or should I say 3 coats of Varnish....
See the difference? Isn't she beautiful!? After three coats of varnish, I had to do three more coats of a polyurethane high gloss top coat (with a little sanding between each coat) Mom's using her elbow grease to screw those suckers in.....my elbow grease was ALL OUT!!! BUT......NOW......The moment you have all been waiting for........................................................
I have a beautiful table that seats 8 with room in the middle for food!!!!!!

And this is how I feel after finishing my month long project...Tired and relieved
And now that very empty space in my kitchen is filled with a beautiful, shiny, larger table !!

Now all I need is a bigger table Runner to match my bigger table!? Where on earth could I get something like that????

I'd like to thank the following............

* My husband for putting up with my crazy notions of cutting and enlarging my old table.

* My Mail lady for keeping me in business and practically paying for all my tools with the money I make from her...and her fellow mail carriers....She really is "wonderful"

* Lifetime products for giving us tables every year for Christmas! Without them....we would have been eating on the floor for the past month

*My husband AGAIN for sharing his garage with my table project and parking outside for a month....Once it was finished?? Guess how long it took him to clean it up and park his car? An hour!

* Wal-mart for supplying brushes, varnish, polyurethane and dove chocolates with Caramel!! (YUM)

* Matt V. for walking me through the Layton Home Depot over the phone (he lives in St. George) so I could find Pipe Clamps. BTW...If any of you want to make a table? I have the pipe clamps you need! :-)

* All of you...my readers....who may or may not be interested in this post..but read it anyway because you LOVE me!

* And last but not least.....My dear sweet Mommy/moral support! Without her.....who Am I kidding...there is no WITHOUT her.....HAHAHAHA. Love you Mom!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cromoley that is a beautiful table!! Can I come eat dinner with you? Better yet, can I come craft on it (with my plastic cover spot of course)? I'm so not going to show my husband cause he gets this dreamy look in his eyes when he sees your projects and I know he's thinking, "I so married the wrong girl!". Then again you two would have to compete for tools and work space and that would be no good. He can dream while he takes you and your babies to Home Depot. I don't mind if your his wife there!! I'm offended that there was no honorable mention of the person that helped you select your glue, sniffle, bawl, sigh. ;)

The Nixon Two said...

So glad your table turned out so beautiful. When are we starting on your chairs???? It really was a labor of love, and we had fun doing it. :) thanks for letting me help. Hay, where's the picture of us carring the table top up the stairs? You know the one you don't have head. ha ha ha

AF Nixons said...

Looks like you just need a pillow, not a table runner! You could sleep on that thing! It looks great...good job!

nixon5 said...

Looks so good. It will be worth all the work. Way to go!!

Karalee said...

Your table looks awesome!! Did you take a class in wood shop during high school I didnt know about?! I am so in awe of you!! GOOD JOB! I want to learn to use power tools!!

Joanna said...

pretty cool. So glad to know you are still trying to be as cool as me with a square table...although I didn't make mine...ahh you win!

Bass Family said...

Your table looks fabulous!! You are truly amazing and I am in complete AWE!!! Good luck with the "next" project--there is always one around the corner isn't there??

Chris and Kerri said...

Wow! What an amzing table. Very nice. I think you are the most amazing and talented person I know. Love ya.

Beckey said...

Liseanne! I hope you don't mnd me lurking on your blog every once in a while... Your table is beautiful! I can't believe you made that!!! You ought to go into business!

Krista said...

Seriously, who just thinks one day "I need a bigger table" and then just whips one out. Knowing me I would have just went out and bought one... or ate on two life time tables. We are kind of ghetto like that. I wish I had half your building talent. Your table looks awesome!

allredclan said...

Ok, I got the hint. It's table runner time! ;)