So imagine with me (If you will) my beautiful table top with about 10 different clamps, all clamped in various positions and directions. It really was a beautiful sight!
So back to my progress on the table....After all the clamping was done, Jeff and I flipped it over and I sanded away to make the top a nice smooth surface. (no pictures of that either)
Next I routed the edges to give it a finished look. Here I am using one of my favorite tools "the Router" Have you ever noticed the faces I make when I am working. Apparently I was unaware that I did this until I looked at these pictures and then went back to the "clogged Toilet Post" and noticed I did it in those pictures too! Anywho.....
Here is the routed edge. Its kind of hard to see but it looks really good (I promise)
Next picture is me "The Human Drill Press" My BFF Melissa Was SO kind to send me a real Drill press all the way from St. George, If you look at my butt in the picture you can see the Drill press sitting on the floor behind me. But she didn't send the Key to change the drill bit. Which is TOTALLY OK because after more inspection, The wood and hole that I had to drill was Too Big for the little drill press. But it (the drill press) will look nice in my basement among the other tools.
Its a good thing that I have a steady hand or my big toes could have suffered some serious Damage, either that or had a HUGE hole drilled right through them! Stay tuned...Its ALMOST done!.........
6 comments:
Looking good!! By that I mean you and not the table, just kidding the table looks awesome! Its too bad that the drill press was too small. Especially with the front door delivery and all :). I can't wait to start crafting with you again!
I can't believe the magnitude of the projects that you take on, enjoy doing, and complete. I'm excited to see it done. It will look great in your kitchen. (You're welcome for cleaning your home. There is nothing worse than coming home to a mess to clean, as I so often do.) =D
It's looking good...can't wait to see the finished product.
I CAN'T wait to see this all finished. You are amazing!!!
I wonder how long it will take your father to convince you to wear work shoes when you are drilling like that. At least he instructed you on the fine art of ear plugs.
I cant wait to see what it looks like when you are finished!
Post a Comment