SO now that you all have a background of the toilets in my house, I can continue with the current story. One Tuesday My friend Mindy came over and we busted out a table in less than two hours! To check out our project...click here! It was very fun! And while Mindy and I were downstairs having fun.......Chester was upstairs having fun...in MY toilet...AGAIN!!!!!!
This is the best way to let family Members know that the certain toilet with issues is NOT to be used.
Next, you are going to want to clean your toilet before you start working on it because they can be very dirty...
Make sure that your bowl is very clean, and that you get all the extra "stuff" off
Here is your cast of Characters...Towels (lots of them) pliers, a wrench, and a long big screwdriver!
This is the most important step before disassembling your toilet. Turn the water line OFF!!!
Here is your cast of Characters...Towels (lots of them) pliers, a wrench, and a long big screwdriver!
This is the most important step before disassembling your toilet. Turn the water line OFF!!!
Next, Pull out that handy Dandy shop Vac. (take out the filter and empty it first) And suck ALL the water out of the bowl and the tank.Now you are ready to take the tank off. Underneath are "nuts" that need to be "unscrewed!" ( I love "tool" talk....Its SOO naughty! :-) )
Once Both of them are unscrewed you are ready to lift the tank off.
Now its time to unscrew the bolts that hold the Toilet to the ground. Grab that Handy Dandy Wrench and remember righty tighty...lefty loosey
Once Both of them are unscrewed you are ready to lift the tank off.
Now its time to unscrew the bolts that hold the Toilet to the ground. Grab that Handy Dandy Wrench and remember righty tighty...lefty loosey
While Unscrewing.....I realized that this "position" didn't work for me for MANY reasons!!!
So I tried this position instead...It was much better!
Wow! Now its time to take the toilet seat off.....and this is how you'll find out if you are a really good cleaner!
Apparently I am NOT!!!! I am but that pee is CLEAR under all the screws and things. The only way to avoid that is 1. Make your husband and boys sit when they have to tinkle or 2. Take your toilet seat off once a week and clean under it.
Now that your toilet seat is off and the whole world (or at least everyone that reads this blog) knows how dirty my toilet is.....Its time to lift the toilet off the floor. Try and lift it straight up as to not ruin the wax ring underneath.
Here is my toilet now....In 4 different pieces all over my bathroom floor!!!
(p.s...Now is a good time to mop Under the toilet.)
So I tried this position instead...It was much better!
Wow! Now its time to take the toilet seat off.....and this is how you'll find out if you are a really good cleaner!
Apparently I am NOT!!!! I am but that pee is CLEAR under all the screws and things. The only way to avoid that is 1. Make your husband and boys sit when they have to tinkle or 2. Take your toilet seat off once a week and clean under it.
Now that your toilet seat is off and the whole world (or at least everyone that reads this blog) knows how dirty my toilet is.....Its time to lift the toilet off the floor. Try and lift it straight up as to not ruin the wax ring underneath.
Here is my toilet now....In 4 different pieces all over my bathroom floor!!!
(p.s...Now is a good time to mop Under the toilet.)
Once outside...Tip it over and find your surprise! Max has come to see whats for dinner!
What?? Whats that you see???
Barbie fruit snacks for you and me!
Now turn on your hose and stick it down deep ( more "tool" talk)
And run it until the water is clean..(OK I am done with the Dr. Seuss Rhyming)
Now pick up that sucker..It really is heavy. If you enlarge this picture you will notice my tongue!
Back up stairs for re-assembly
This is a really good way to REALLY clean your toilet seat....Add a little Clorox Bleach and Viola!!
Flush it a few times to make sure there are no leaks
What a beautiful swirl!!!
I love little Chester Rheese....I really do!!!
p.s. Thanks Mom for being my photographer....and thanks Dad for being a great teacher..Love you both!
7 comments:
I am amazed that you did that yourself and so impressed. That little Chester is quite a pill. I love the shot of your butt!!:)
Today we were discussing death and I told Carson that everyone dies, and he said "Like Grandma Beverley." I told him yes and he said that they had sang Happy Birthday to her but because she died he couldn't spank her, so he had to clap instead. Thought you might want to know.It was so funny how he said it! I was out of town for your grandmas funeral, so I was not able to give my condolences. I want your family to know that I loved talking to her and that I thought she was an amazing, to the point, woman who only scared me a couple of times:) She was GREAT!
Way to go Liseanne!! You should send that post to Pioneer Woman, I bet she would give you a gift card or something. You are awesome!
I now know who to call if anything strange gets stuck in my toilet. I am very impressed.
Mike and I laughed our guts out at this post for many reasons! Love the "tool talk" and Dr. Suess all in the same post. I'm thinking I may do that just so I can clean my toilets in the tub like you. Much better than scrubbing all that "stuff" off. =) p.s. Mike said you should replace the wax ring every time you take off the toilet. They are about $5. =D Rock on, Sister!
You go Liseanne! We'll consult that blog entry every time we have a clog!
I was about to reply that you should replace the wax ring every time you pull the head off, but I noticed Melinda already did.
Courtney tried to flush a mini potato chip bag to hide the evidence. Long story, but the short of it was I was lucky to be able to pull it out with my hand. You should have seen the look on Courntey's face when I did.
Oh... That was maybe a year ago is all :).
Post a Comment