Haylee and J.C


One of Jeff's young Men asked Haylee if she would escort him at the Mr. Syracuse Pageant. She said yes without knowing what she was getting into. Most of you know Haylee is NOT a frilly "fru-fru" girl. When I pulled out the dress that she was to wear....she threw a royal fit!!! "I don't want to wear THAT dress!" After a little Chat and a bribe to go to the dollar store and pick out a doll she happily put it on. We curled her hair in ringlets and she was ready to go! 

She was excited and happy and full of giggles as we sat and waited for instructions. Here we are playing with the camera.
Once we got called backstage her butterflies turned on and she turned shy and scared. The plan was to have J.C enter from one side of the stage and Haylee from the opposite, meet in the middle and walk to the front together. When we practiced, J.C started walking out and she just turned to me and started to cry. So with another little little talk and another Dollar to spend at the store...She agreed, but with the help of someone.
Thankfully one of the high school girls that was dressed up, offered to walk her out to J.C and from there everything went as planned. He is handing her a pink rose.
Once we got called backstage her butterflies turned on and she turned shy and scared. The plan was to have J.C enter from one side of the stage and Haylee from the opposite, meet in the middle and walk to the front together. When we practiced, J.C started walking out and she just turned to me and started to cry. So with another little little talk and another Dollar to spend at the store...She agreed, but with the help of someone. 
And that was it. 30 seconds on stage caused much trauma in Haylee's Life! We stayed and watched the pageant. Boys in Pageants are fun to watch. The talents ranged from Drum solo's, funny dances, tumbling, light shows, The Hau-ka(The BYU chant they do at games?), penny catching, etc.. And one of Jeff's Young Men won the very first "Mr. Syracuse Pageant" Not the one Haylee helped, but that's OK! We were rooting for either one! :-)
6 comments:
Haylee you look so cute!! How fun to be in a pageant. I hope you like your new doll! Liseanne, your haircut looks great.
Haylee you are BEAUTIFUL!! Liseanne I love your hair.
I prefer the words "positive reinforcement" to "bribery." =D There were some great looking Barbies at Kid to Kid when I was there this week. They are about $2. Clothed and everything. =) And FYI, you look great in that pic with Haylee. The hair really is darling on you.
Haylee you look beautiful. Brooklyn now wants a new dress. I hope you enjoy spending your money. You should tell your parents you deserve so much more for the traumatic experience.:)
very cute hair and dress Haylee.
I'm with you though I hate the spotlight!! I would cry too :)
Liseanne Is that the dress from allison? It is way cute.
I've never heard of a "Mr." contest! Cute story about Haylee's not wanting to wear a frilly dress, freezing up and all.
Post a Comment