Monday, April 21, 2008

Today was a fairly nice day. While mom and I were outside working on a project (more details later) Haylee was outside playing with us. Later today I walked down to find the boys...These pictures never old.I also wanted to share my latest project. It was actually more of a bargain and then a project. This is a picture of Haylee's Bed. UUGGHHH!!!!!
Here is a picture of her bed now. Isn't that better? A New bedspread and headboard can really change the look of a bed. PLUS...the polka dots in the new bedspread really pull out the polka dots on her wall.
I found the headboard at Sears. It was a floor model and they were on clearance for $30. I couldn't pass it up. Wrap a little floral garland around the post and you have a beautiful, girly headboard.
Now all I need to do is paint some things for her walls and her room will FINALLY be done. (I only started it 4 years ago when I was pregnant with her...then little Chet came along and my vision was put on hold.) Slowly but surely!

9 comments:

Chris and Kerri said...

What a cute idea to put garland on it. You are so creative! Could you come over and decorate my house one night with me? Seriously! :o)

Joanna said...

love Haylee's room. I can't wait to see and hear about what you are doing with mom this time!

Suttlemyre Family said...

I LOVE THE HEADBOARD!!! It is soooo cute. I must say the walls will look great with the bedspread. Who painted those anyways:). Can't wait to see what else your working on.

Karalee said...

Cute Room! I love the headboard and bedspread!! They are awesome!

Karalee said...

By the way, how do you find time to take care of five kids and redecorate while your hubby is away????!! I can barely get myself ready ( on a good day) with two kids+hubby!! You rock!

Unknown said...

I love the new bed Haylee (oh and Liseanne). What a great buy at Sears, I love good deals!! Do you want to whip up some furniture for me. In all your spare time and all!

nixon5 said...

Love the New Headboard it looks so cute! It really makes her room.
4 years huh so I still ahve time to finish zanna's.

Unknown said...

HeY I need to see the table picts
That head board was a good deal but I know you. You could have built it your self. A 4x4 and a few 1x4's some nails and you would be done. The head board has many functions put some hinges on it and now you have a gate to hold the kids in or out.Ha Ha

Matt

AF Nixons said...

Her room looks darling. I love the garden gate headboard and the polka dots. How fun!