Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Taking 2 to make 1

SO while Jeff was gone I decided that I was going to make a bigger kitchen table. I have been working on it for a week now, but couldn't post because Jeff didn't know, and he checked the blog while he was away. Its not quite finished yet but here are the pictures of the progress so far. Here I am taking off the top of my original Kitchen table.
Success!! Now it's time to head to Home Depot for the cutting...... I am mad that I forgot my camera for the cutting of the table, but the nice employee Ralph was super-duper nice, and did a really good job.Here are all the different pieces that need to be glued together. But before we can glue them together, all the varnish needs to be sanded off....SAFETY FIRSTCordell is becoming a really good photographerExcept when he cuts most of our heads off....But don't we look cute in our matching dust masks and PW sweatshirts??? This brings new meaning to the phrase "Like Mother like daughter"Now that all the varnish is off (almost) its time to start clamping pieces together.And here is the result of the above pictures.....now only 4 more pieces to glue and clampStick around for the finished product.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy tablescrap Batman!! You know you are my hero. I think my husband would love a wife like you. Oh wait, you are second wife for Home Depot trips!! Maybe you should come live down here and we could make pretty dresses and shop at Costco. I think my hair should be higher than yours though. ;) Can't wait to see the table. I still need a pic of Summer blocks

allredclan said...

Times like these make me so glad that I work with nice, soft, pliable fabric. ;) You rock, Sister!

Unknown said...

Nice bottle of glue and sweet looking clamps. Maybe We should start a wood working blog. Just don't put your hair up to high you know who might get mad. Table looks good. Rember more clamps are better I would use all the clamps you can half on top and half on bottom. I am waiting for the exciting part where the pipe clamps come in to the picture.

Matt

Joanna said...

I don't even know what to say. You amaze me!

allredclan said...

Forgot to metion: I'm so glad those Pumpkin Walk shirts are getting some REAL use out of them! ;)

Suttlemyre Family said...

You are the bravest women I know. Adam would freak our if he come home to my table cut into pieces. YOU GO GIRL!!! Can't wait to see the final product.

The Nixon Two said...

My unworn PW sweatshirt looks much better on you than it ever did on me! Wait! That is because it disappeared while we were in Buffalo before I ever got a chance to wear it. What an exciting project!

Karalee said...

Seriously you need your own TLC show!! Show women the how tos of wood working and home improvement :)!! Cant wait to see the table!
I was on the way to my moms yesterday and saw your dad and chester cuddled in a blanket outside their house watching the construction trucks(dont know what kind of truck it was as we only play with dolls and shoes here :) ! ) dig up the street! It was so priceless to see chester's face! He looked so excited! I wish I wished I'd a camera for you. It was so cute! Your kids have great grandparents!!