Sunday, December 16, 2007

Progress / setting my priorities straight!

After I spent all day painting Haylee's room with my friend Mindi...Jeff said "Haylee's room is cute, but shouldn't you be focusing your time somewhere else??? If you don't get working on that house, Haylee is going to get a piece of wood for Christmas." So for the next two days We (Mom and Myself) worked hours to make progress on the Barbie House! We laid Carpet, Assembled Furniture, glued on the patio fence etc.....

These are completely Mom's projects. She cut out the wood and assembled them. They turned out really good and add to the house!

This is the rocking chair, and I think Mine and Mom's favorite! She really did a great job! This is the finished product for the fireplace....well ALMOST finished....I still have to sand and glue it all together. Like I said, I had it all in my head, it was just getting it out of my head..into mom's head and then into the house. We spent a good hour just trying to figure out how the wood should be cut and where all the pieces should go. It is built from scratch and consist of 9 different pieces of wood. The basket was purchased at Ben Franklin for $.05, and we just added scrap wood. SUPER CUTE!!!!

Progression is good! And Jeff has set my priorities straight! Thank you sweetheart!........Now if I could just get this baby out...........Any Idea's????

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This house is "Soup On" cute!!! Haylee is going to love it. Will you make me one too? I have no suggestions to get your baby out. All I know is don't believe it if the doctor says "get frisky with your hubby". Its a crock of crap!! Go walking at your favorite store. Maybe that will work.

AF Nixons said...

Wow Liseanne and Annice, good job on the Barbie mansion. Wish I had you for my decorators! That house is very darling. Haylee is going to love it.

nixon5 said...

dang cute house! love the rocker also and the way cute fireplace. cant wait to talk to haylee on christmas about it. As for the baby wrong person to give advice I cant seem to keep them in.
Great job you 2 looks so good.

The Nixon Two said...

I am glad you took the advise of your husband. More often than not, husbands have great ideas, but it is not always what the wife wants to hear so congratulations for listening. The house is darling, but the baby when he/she makes his/her entrance will be much more darling. This was written by Galen as you can tell.