Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Priorities.....Who needs them....

OK, so I know that Christmas is two weeks away, and that my baby could come any day now. I know that I have piles and piles of laundry that should be washed, Christmas shopping to finish, work to do down at the Kiddie Kollege.....and then there is the Barbie house! Of coarse I should spend all if my time working on that for sweet little Haylee. It should be carpeted, furnished and all but done....except I have this small little problem....getting my priorities straight. Today would have been the PERFECT day to work on the house. I even went to Ben Franklin and bought many embellishments for around the house. But instead of doing the obvious, I did completely the opposite...I did the most off the wall project that I could think of doing (and I have been thinking about it for a while) I decided that today would be a perfect day to paint Polka-dots ALL over Haylee's room. This is a picture of before

This is a picture of the stencils we used. Its SOO nice to have one of your good friends a Vinyl distributor. She busted out all these stencils in about 5 minutes and $10 later we were in business...

These aren't the best pictures but you can see the Polk-a-dots starting to take form.

Now Imagine them EVERYWHERE in the room, placed randomly through out making a once very DULL room, into a fun girly room.

Now picture SUCH a wonderful friend that Came over at 2, stayed until 5 :30, went home and fed her Family, then came back at 6:30 and stayed until the very end.....10:19. Seriously...Who has friends like that! Mindi is going straight to heaven for her kindly deeds. I have the best of friends!! ( picture not shown) She is the same friend that came and helped me paint my black wall and my stripes on my bedroom wall!

Pictures don't do it justice! It is seriously the cutest room ever!!!

1 comment:

Beckey said...

Hi Liseanne! This is Beckey. I didn't realize we were due the same day until Jo wrote to me the other day. Hope you make it until Jo gets there! Good luck!