This is actually how we ended our night in Nauvoo. We were treated to a fantastic dinner at Hotel Nauvoo! I about DIED when they seated us. We were in a room with 4 other couples, OLDER couples, and then us....a Family of 9! With Kids! (GULP)
Now lets talk about the day BEFORE the dinner.
After Carthage, we headed to Nauvoo! It was time for the babies to eat when got there, so we found a shady area and had a picnic before we started site seeing.
The older kids played around while the babies ate.


After lunch we went to "Pioneer Pastimes" where all the kids got to play games that the pioneer kids used to play.
In the spring, Haylee and I (and Griff) had the opportunity to participate in a play were we were live statues portraying these statues. (does that make ANY sense?) Anywho... we thought it would be fun to stand in front of this and take our picture! Haylee thought it was really neat to see "our" statue in real life!
Next we got to go for a ride in the Covered Wagon that was pulled by 2 oxen. The highlight of this ride was the Oxen that pooped right in front of my kids! (I am reminded of the time Mom and Dad took us to the Circus and all we could remember was the Elephant pooping by us)
We didn't have tickets to ride this, so we just talked to the missionary and pet the horses.
What a beautiful Temple!!!
3 comments:
What memories you two created with your children! I still "stand all amazed" at how you both did all that you did on this vacation.
What fun and some great pictures. Loved them.
I am so jealous, it looks like tons of fun! Of course you know what my favorite picture is! :)
Post a Comment