Friday, February 11, 2011

Pioneer Woman book signing #2

Melissa and I headed out to SLC for another book signing by our favorite blogger "Pioneer woman" We got there in time to get some pretty good seats! See how excited we are!
Me and My soon to be signed book!
Ree finally came out and talked to us for a few minutes and then answered audience questions for about 30 minutes. Then it was onto the signing.....
Boy were we in for a wait! You had to get tickets to attend the signing which started at 6:00. They had letters on them to let you know where you stood in line. Our's were "M" and they started with "A" only, there were 25 tickets per letter.
So all my Math junkie friends out there (Jennie) Figure that out!

12 x 25 = 300 people in line BEFORE us! That is 300 people all with multiple books to be signed, 300 people who all posed for pictures with beloved Ree. 300 people who would chat and shoot the breeze with her while paying no attention to the hundreds of women, and some men still waiting for their turn!

So we had to do things to keep us entertained.......

like Take pictures of all the gay men there, and their ugly tie choice. Jeff would covet this tie!

like waiting, and waiting as it got later and later....
We Made funny faces in the Camera.....Well I did. Melissa couldn't be serious enough to do a silly face.
We hung our feet over the chairs in front of us......
I framed Pioneer Woman in my feet
Melissa pinched to workers behind.....And she even knew we were doing it! Look at her scuz Melissa's large fingers!!!
We pet Pioneer Woman's head with our ginormous fingers!
We measured bald spots on the guy sitting in front of us. I wanted to take another picture to see what kind of glare i could get off his head.....but i think he was onto us. :- )
Then finally it was our turn to get in line. By now it was 9:15 p.m. She was talking to her oldest daughter.
My sister sent me a text for Pioneer woman to read, so I handed her my phone and let her read it!
Not a bad picture if I do say so myself. My Retarded are DID NOT make an appearance, only my hair got stuck on my chapsticked lips!
We then requested to do a silly "Olan Mills" picture with our beloved Ree Drummond and she happily obliged!
It was a fabulous evening, full of waiting and laughing and waiting....
But TOTALLY worth it!

7 comments:

Joanna said...

you really let her read that?! So funny! It looks like a fun night!

The Nixon Two said...

I propose a cheer for the two caring fantastic husbands who stayed behind with a total of 12 kids(not sure how many VK family has) between them and let you two goofy women have such a well deserved good time! Think of how hard these devoted husbands labored in your absences. It proves once again the old addage most men find to be true sooner or later in life: "Happy wife, Happy life." (Liseanne's dad is the author of this comment.)

Amber said...

So jealous! Wish I had been there with you girls. I had so much fun chatting with ya'll the other day. Love you more than my luggage!

Meredith Haag said...

How fun! Even though you had to wait so long... it looked like you guys had a blast! I wish I was there!

Unknown said...

LOVE the pictures!! I'm laughing out loud at the pinchy butt and duck face pictures. I'm kind of sad your retarded arm was absent. It made the night feel like something was missing. :) Thanks for being goofy with me. Can't wait for the next one! Ree, see you in 2012 with the 2nd cookbook! Maybe Liseanne will have another set of twins by then, she has the room in her car for them! :)

Derrick and Melissa said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Staceygirl said...

I thought you never had time to yourself, what with all those freakin kids! Your chapstick gets you in trouble a lot, right? (think sand) I used to try to sneak pics of a mom at kiddie kollege with gigantic hair. I just had to show my friends in AZ how big UT hair can be - I hope she's not your friend or relative, and I hope she's not reading this!

PS - what's wrong with cabbage? It could be worse... cole slaw!