Monday, May 31, 2010

First Camping Trip of the year!

We decided to join the thousands of other people, and go camping over Memorial Day Weekend! We spent our weekend at Jordanelle Reservoir. This was actually our backup plan because our first plans fell through. It turned out to be a great weekend! (minus the winter weather the first day and a half) We played "GO FISH" every night!!

Haylee's treasures she found on the shore. A crystal rock and a stick!!Grady was walking around saying "I got a fish, I got a fish" Then I realized he actually did! This was the fish that he found on the shore. He was SOOO excited!
What would a Chapman Herd Family Vacation be without throwing rocks into the Water! My kids could do this for hours!!
Haylee was trying to move this into the water.... She didn't succeed.
We also got a lot of R & R!!!

Jeff taught each of the boys how to fish. First up was Cordell. Jeff explained the whole casting concept to him and finished by saying "When you get to this position..You let go" And that is just what Cordell Did.....He let go of the ENTIRE pole, and off it went into the dam. HILLARIOUS!!!This is the eyeball of the GINORMOUS fish that Jeff caught! Chester had to check it out!
Jeff's monster of a fish! He was SOO excited!! That trout had pink meat, and enough to feed 8 adults EASY!! I even liked the taste of it, and I DO NOT LIKE FISH!!! AND I AM PREGGO!! GO figure, it was a goooood Fish!
Kayden was next to learn!
I was COLD for the first day and a half but we had LOADS of fun! What a fun way to start out the camping season!!

6 comments:

AF Nixons said...

I had to laugh when you said Cordell threw the whole pole into the damn...do you realize it's spelled "dam...?" Maybe you really meant damn. Double meaning, you know? He he. Sounds like a fun camping trip but I don't know about coats in MAY. The END of MAY!

Joanna said...

I am still trying to picture TWO more kids in these darling pictures. I can't wait. I am jealous of your camping trip. We would love to do that more often. Our kids would be great company throwing rocks into the water. It is also a favorite activity of ours. :)

nixon5 said...

glad that you had so much fun. Love the pictures.

Chapman Herd said...

Thanks for the spell Check FL Nixon! I fixed it! I guess my true colors were coming out in my typing! :-)

Amber Shellabarger said...

Can Jeff teach Nic how to fish? And tell him where to go??? Is there anywhere around here or does he just go when you guys head out camping?
btw gross with the whole eye thing. and hilarious about the pole going into the water.

Staceygirl said...

If anybody can handle seven kids, it's you guys! That looks like a fun family adventure :) Those babies are so lucky. How are you going to transport them all? I know, I'm nosy... but seriously...