Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Patriotic Program!

Last week was the 2nd Grade Patriotic Program! My boys would always come home singing patriotic songs. Some of them I remember singing when I was in 2nd Grade! Like Fifty Nifty United States! Can you name all the states in alphabetical Order??? My boys and I can! (Jeff can't)

Cordell's Part "It stands for victories we revere, it stands for battle's won! It stands for lives in battle, it stands for her brave son! " Which I might add...was said with absolutely NO stutter!! I was very proud of him because he worked extra hard on that! Kayden was first on the program. He led the audience in the pledge of allegiance. His part "Please stand and join in pledging your allegiance to the flag. Say it like you mean it, We're proud! We like to brag! - would the audience please stand. Ready? Begin. "

Look how handsome they look in their coordinating Polo's!! Very patriotic looking don't you think?

After the Program was over, we got to go back to their classroom and look at all the Awesome Animal Projects! It was fun to see all the 3D models of the animals.



They both received 20 extra credit points for including step by step pictures of them making their projects! So they got 170 out of 150! Another proud moment for Mom!

I love going to school programs and watching my kids perform!!




6 comments:

Deanna said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I wish my kids did programs at their schools.

You should have seen the contest between my husband and I when we went to Abell's 4 year old preschool graduation and discovered he knew the alphabet backwards! We were racing to see who could learn it first!

Joanna said...

You ROCK boys! I miss you. We all do. xoxo

Amber Shellabarger said...

Good job boys! (Might I just add that I barely could read Cordell's part let alone memorize it. That is awesome).

Unknown said...

Amber...He really struggles with "r" and "s" and there are a TON of those in his part! I seriously was holding my breath But he pulled it off like a Pro!!

Swain Family said...

Alabama, Alazka, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connetticut... lol. We could totally start our own choir! :) They looked SO handsome, and SO grown up! And I too, am super impressed with them and those parts!! Holy cow! Congrats Boys!

nixon5 said...

that brought a tear to my eye when I read that cordell did it. Good job. Love those programs