Wednesday, May 27, 2009

OUr Memorial day / Chester's Birthday weekend in a nut shell

Our weekend started Friday night with a trip to the Stake Father and son's Outing....Only my kids know it as Father and sons and Uncles because Uncle Dave always goes with Jeff and the boys! Jeff said he took this picture because this sign was made for little boys like Chester, and parents like Jeff!! From what I hear they all had a blast! Here are some of their Best of Friends





While they boys were camping, Haylee and I (and Grady) went with our BFF's Mindy and Brooklyn to see the Hannah Montana Movie, and then back to Mindy's for some crafting and playing!! (can you guess who was doing what?) Sorry no pictures! My Hubby took the Camera

SUNDAY


Sunday after Church we headed to Suzy's for a Chapman Family Get together to Celebrate all the May Birthday's! THANK YOU Riley and Jeff for sacrificing so that Chester thought it was ALL for him! We had lots of fun and ate lots of Cake and Popcorn!




MONDAY
Monday Started with Visiting Gravesides. Chester was fascinated by Steve's! He kept staring at it (like so) and asking "Can I feel him?"




Next we headed over to visit Grandma Beverly and Grandpa Chester. They all liked feeling the letters and looking at the picture.This one was more interested in stepping on it!



After, we headed to Pets mart to buy Chester some fish for his Birthday!

Everyone?? Meet Lightning and Thunder...and his snail, Gary

Finally, we headed home for some Nixon Family Celebrating! We had rice Krispie Treats this time! For more info on this Party...CLICK HERE


Another gift we gave Chet, was this little thing for all the bugs he likes to catch.

Everyone?? Meet huge, black Crickets 1-5, Potato Bugs 1 & 2 and Mister Wormy!!

( I hope that lid locks TIGHT!!! )

And after all is said and Done, and all his fish are fed, and bugs are caught...He sleeps!!

We really did have a WONDERFUL weekend! Thanks to both Family's for all the gifts and Parties. He was in Birthday Heaven for three days!

I sure love this little guy!

11 comments:

Deanna said...

So fun! It looks like you guys had a busy busy weekend! That is so funny how Chester is sleeping in that chair. They just go go go then stop. That is neat to see the pics of grandma Beverly's grave.

Suttlemyre Family said...

That is Great!!! What would you do without Chester and BUGS!!! If you need more I can get plenty in my yard. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Meredith Haag said...

I love that! How cute is that little guy?! I really love how he sleeps!!! LOL

Amber Shellabarger said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love the sign! Looks like you had a great but busy weekend. When are you running with Joanna?

Joanna said...

I love that little guy too! So glad he had a good birthday. xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Chester Dear!! I love your fish and snail, meow. Thanks Jeff for getting a picture of my boys and the F&S. Matt forgot his. We will have to get those shirts made up for Chet and Coop and post those!

Karalee said...

How fun! Happy birthday Chester! I love him by the sign at the stake camp! That is classic! Im glad he named his snail gary! I cant believe how big grady is getting! He is so cute! Glad you had a fun weekend!

The Nixon Two said...

I love it when you're young and you get to celebrate your birthday for several days. Oh to be a kid again. Love the cute pictures at F&S too bad you didn't have pictures of Jeff looking for cute Chester's shoes...:) how many times??? love you Chester

allredclan said...

Thanks for inviting us to the Memorial Day BBQ--Oh, I mean Chester's birthday party! I love him mucho mucho too!

So, do I dare ask.... Is Lightening still alive?

allredclan said...

p.s. I love him even when he does that really whiny fake cry of his when he doesn't want to do something... )

Swain Family said...

Happy Birthday Chester! Looks like it was way too much fun! And brave mom, letting him have fish AND insects for pets!!! lol!