
Today is FOR SURE going down in the history of THE LONGEST CANNING DAY EVER!!!!!! Melinda, my mom and I decided to try Salsa today! First off...Salsa is Messy! And have ANY of you ever tried to peel and chop 40 Onions? It's not pleasant! We all had to take turns because our Eyes were burning!

So far this month I/we have managed to can 25 Quarts of Pickles (Which is a Really small Number for me), 22 Quarts of Tomatoes, 22 Pints of Tomatoes, 40 pints of Salsa 8 quarts of Peaches and even though it is 11:00 at night on a Friday, I currently have Grapes on my stove! I am making Juice and I will probably get 12 quarts! I REALLY LOVE HOME CANNING!!
So that is why this is the longest canning day ever! 12 hours straight at Kiddie Kollege, and continuing through the evening at my house!
Thank you Melinda for sticking through to the end.......Thanks Mom for sticking through ALMOST to the end! But I understand that it's Friday, your date night with Dad....It has been for the last 15 years! I won't hold a grudge! I LOVE you BOTH!
And thank you Jeff for cuddling with me when I got home....even thought the FIRST words out of your mouth were "Your hair smells like Salsa" Really?? No Kidding!!??
5 comments:
What a great husband! And your kids...how great is that, that they didn't complain? They just let you do your business without a hitch! That's so wonderful!!! A dream of mine that will probably never come true!
Sounds more exciting than the movie we saw on our date!!!
My hair still smells like salsa...
I am so jealous of your canning abilities. I have never done it in my life, but I wished I did. I really need to try it one of these years! Salsa hair is better than skunk hair!
my hair smells like roses. You guys ROCK!
Post a Comment