Friday, August 22, 2008

SPIRIT LAKE

I would have to say that this Camping trip is not going down in history as one of our best! I know that Jeff has already pushed it out of his mind! Forgotten and never to be spoken of. It started out with this...........2 miles before we hit Morgan. Flat Tires are stressful enough...but when your wrench doesn't even fit the nuts.....it turns into a HUGE problem. NAPA saved our butts AGAIN!! (Remember they had our battery in Yellowstone??) Well this time they had ONE, that is right, ONE star wrench left when Jeff walked into the store.After fixing the tire we headed into Morgan to test the pressure and realized we put it on backwards.....so off it came AGAIN! Long story short-er Jeff changed THREE tires on this ONE trip! That was the start to his forgotten and never to be spoken of Camping Trip We finally arrived to our destination! SPIRIT LAKE in the High Uintahs. Sitting at a lovely 10,200 ft. It is a BEAUTIFUL place! While we were there, we hiked on trails

And Hiked up tree'sWe visited Flaming Gorge and took a tour of the Dam. Did you know that it is the "biggest Dam Tour in Utah??" Its True! I bought a shirt that say's so!
at the end of our "biggest Dam tour" we fed the HUGE trout at the bottom of Flaming GorgeBack at camp we made our own Targets out of paper plates

And then shot at them.
We got our feet wet.
And sometimes our hands...but nothing else because it was FREEZING!!!


We fished, and fished and fished some more! Thanks to Uncle Toms Bait and Worms, here are Mine and Jeff's Catches. (His is bigger)
Kayden got this fish all on his own.
And Haylee caught the biggest Fish of all!
And this one??? He LOVED THE WORMS!!!!! His other hand is FULL of them! And most importantly??? We tried to stay warm! which brings up the second reason this camping trip is forgotten and never to be spoken of, (as far as Jeff is concerned.) Our Heater was acting up AGAIN and we couldn't figure it out. We left a day early because it got colder and colder. AS we were pulling out of camp, It started to snow!
Like I said in the beginning, not the best Vacation for Jeff and I, but the kids had a blast and that is all that matters!

7 comments:

Joanna said...

It looks like it was fun minus the tires. If we ever get there in the summer we must go camping together! My kids would LOVE that!!

nixon5 said...

Love the pictures, the Unitas are always fun, and most of all you never know what weather you get. looks like fun minus some tires and stuff. Cute kids.

Unknown said...

Maybe you should rename your camping trips, National Lampoons Camping Trip to...(insert Yellowstone, Spirit Lake here)

Meredith Haag said...

Well it looked like fun to me! We know how you feel about three flat tires in one trip! We were coming back from Disney land and had three on the way home! So fun...
We got our kids fishing poles and we have yet to try them out this year! We're LAME parents huh? They beg to go fishing all the time! I'll show them your blog and then they will really think I'm a dumb Mom! But, who can keep up with the Chapman's?!

Karalee said...

Sorry about the trailer troubles. Though, I think I may invest in NAPA stocks if you keep camping! :) The kids look like they had a blast. How cute is grady with his hoodie and little red cheeks!

AF Nixons said...

That's how it is with camping, huh? You win some, you lose some. I can't even imagine being cold somewhere this time of year! Oh to wear a sweater again! It won't happen for us until at least December.

Krista said...

Maybe you should stop going camping and do it Marshall style- get a hotel! I love the pic of Grady!