Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fishing for fun!

Sunday before we left, we headed down to the local "Pond" and went fishing. There were 6 other groups there and we were the only ones catching ANYTHING!! Thanks to our magic "Uncle Toms" I think they all hated us because we would get bites and all the boys plus Haylee would scream and laugh and giggle....and then we would get stared down by everyone else. This is a fish that Cordell caught all by himself, reeled it in and everything. Notice his smile is HUGE!!
Chester was quite a joy while fishing. He wanted to hold all the reels.....


Touch all the fish (even if they weren't his) Then he LOVED to throw them back in the pond....Poor Fish...He really "threw" all the fish back in, instead of letting them go nicely. You can see the fish mid-air if you look close.

Here are the four oldest boys watching the fish and planning on what big one they are going to catch Haylee helped me catch this fish. She was SOO excited until I pulled it out of the Water and tried to show her what she just caught. She ran away SOO fast, and wanted nothing to do with it. Notice Chester is crying because he isn't holding it.
And this is the Final picture of the entire clan...All 9 of them. Poor Haylee, always out numbered. It was a fun vacation and great to see our friends the Van Komens.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun, don't you wish you could do it again? As long as there's a nice spa treatment for us girls right?

AF Nixons said...

I can't believe Haylee is the ONLY girl in that group! That's amazing. I love the shadow of that fish that Chester is throwing back - it's a funny picture. Looks like so much fun.

Joanna said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I need a vacation like that. I love the one of Chester throwing it back. Tell little Haylee I am so proud of her!!

allredclan said...

I'm so glad your boys came to see that YOU were the nice one who let them go fishing! (They were going to understand that even if I had to beat it into them!) =) Love you!

The Nixon Two said...

Your post made me laugh. I could so see Chester "throwing" the fish back. Ya got to love that little stinker.