Monday, November 26, 2007

I've been tagged

So my Sister Joanna "Tagged" me so its my turn to give you six interesting facts about me.. Here goes nothing

#1. I HAVE to have the light on ALL THE TIME!!! Its Jeff's biggest pet peeve! I like the lights on to watch TV, to eat Dinner, to get on the computer, to even eat snacks at night, I even turn the car interior lights on if we are eating on the go! I don't like eating at dimly lit restaurants, because I can't see what I am eating. It can be 10:30 at night, and I'll be in my room watching TV, Jeff will come in and turn the lights off because its time to "relax" and we usually argue...The only time I DON'T like the lights on is when We are ............Well, lets keep this family friendly.

#2. I own more tools than my Husband. We're not talking screwdrivers and Hammers (although those are all mine too) But Big tools! I have 3 different types of saws, 2 sanders, a router and table, nail gun and compressor, sand blaster, clamps, etc... In fact our Christmas List are quite fun to look at, mine is filled with tools, ear plugs, safety glasses and such things...Jeff's is filled with Clothes, and exercise things.

#3. with those tools I like to create things. Mostly crafty things that I tole paint, but I also like to build things. I have built frames, window boxes, shelves, magnet boards, currently a Barbie House and furniture, and my next project is a tall, skinny table for my living room. Someday maybe even a headboard!!

#4. I know that all of you know I had my belly button pierced once upon a time, but I thought you might like to know the background. I actually had it done two different times. The first time was on the way back from an all day visit at Seven Peaks with my friends. We stopped at South Towne Center and I did it on a whim at the local "Claires" with an ear piercing gun...which is a Big No-No. It got infected and really painful so I took it out and let it heal. Then I did it the real way you are suppose to. I went to a Tattoo parlor on Washington Blvd. where I lay on a table, and they put a cork on one end and a huge, curved, hollow needle on the other, counted to three and punched it through. Then they leave it there (the needle) and thread through the little jewel thing that I picked out. All of my friends were there for moral support and I even think Jacque almost passed out. To be honest, the second time was much less painful, but I wouldn't recommend doing it because it makes a nasty ugly scar once you get pregnant...plus the Prophet said its a No-no..(Brady,feel free to use me as an object lesson...I know Sheldon already does!)

#5. I really don't know the natural color of my hair. I have dyed it for so long that I think its a lighter brown, dusty blondish color. Who knows! But in the summer I like to be more of a blond, and in the fall and winter I go darker. This last time I even had some red in it! (Thanks Wendy)

#6. In high school I was madly in love with a guy Steven. I even kept a box of things that had to do with him. Jeff calls it my shrine. It had normal things that high school girls keep like notes, dance pictures, Letters from missions, sand that he sent me from the beach in Mexico..you know, normal things....But the weirdest thing that I kept was a piece of Styrofoam cup where he drank from MY hot chocolate cup at a high school football game! Where his lips had touched! (Freaky, I know) I actually kept the box until Jeff and I were engaged, and I showed it to him. (Jeff, not the boy) He is now in my ward and I am good friends with his wife. I occasionally find my senior cotillion Dance picture somewhere in my house, where Jeff has strategically placed it over a picture of the two of us. I will never live it down! :-) He LIVES to tease me about it!

Well, there you go! I have rambled on long enough! I hope you all feel much closer to me now! Thank you Joanna for taking me down memory lane.

3 comments:

Brady Nixon said...

Oh Joanna, I only want to use you as a "bad example" if you send me a picture of the belly button ring stretch mark scar. That should cure the girls! ;)

I still remember when you showed it to me. You first asked me if I could keep a secret from mom and dad. i quickly responded "no" as any good son would :). You then added said, "Can you keep a secret if it has nothing to do with my eternal salvation." OK, do you know me or what? I did see it. If I remember right, it was at a Christmas party at grandma's.

Joanna said...

Ok it is Liseanne and not Joanna with belly button ring. I would never do something mom and dad said no to and then hide it from them. NEVER!! Really get your sisters straight! Liseanne..love all those, but I was laughing so hard about the cup of Stevens.TOO FUNNY!!! You better hope he doesn't read your blog! :)

Brady Nixon said...

I have no excuses. My good wife pointed out my mistake already. I was going to try and come delete my comment and fix it, but since you posted, I'll leave it there for all to see.

While I have no excuses, I think I know how this mix up happened. I had just finished reading your blog and tags and then I went to Liseanne's page and read hers. I can't blame it on age just yet. I'm just confused.