Thursday, February 5, 2009

One CRAZY week......

I have had all these things that I wanted to blog about, and have been meaning to sit down and do it but life this week has been more than hectic!! On Monday night Haylee started limping again and complaining of Joint pain. Luckily her follow up was scheduled for Wednesday.! And it couldn't have come at a better time. We headed up to PCMC for another echo cardiogram. She sat very still and was very good for the Nurse doing the Echo. A few minutes after she was done, she came back in with a Dr. and said that she wanted him to have a look. So in my mind I am thinking this could mean two things... 1 - Something is wrong and she wanted the Doctor's to see it or 2 - They found nothing and were wondering why the crap we were there in the first place.
I was hoping for #2 but as we got into the Doctors office I was told that her heart murmur had become worse, the infection was back which was why she was limping and complaining of Joint pain. Long story short....By the end of that night Haylee had gone from bad to worse and was back to Not walking, wrist pain so intense that you couldn't even touch it, Bumps under her skin on her wrist (common in RF) and she would whimper when you tried to move her.
We immediately called Dad over to help Jeff administer a blessing to her. After the blessing she was put in my bed and was asleep within minutes. All night long she tossed and turned, had cold sweats and whimpered in pain as she tried to move her legs.
Luckily by morning, she was doing a little better. She could walk with little pain and the bump in her wrist had gone down. I really had NO idea how painful this could be. Lucky for us, the high dose of Aspirin that she is on (again) is working great, and we can see small but good improvement. Her activity has been limited, we had to pull her out of dance class, keep her in from recess and take it easy for at least another month. The Doc even mentioned that IF she was in public schools, they would pull her and home school her for a month just to be safe as far as activity is concerned. Apparently this is a little more serious that I thought. Please keep her in your prayers! And when things slow down here....I will start adding fun post and pictures to my blog again!

Love to you all!!

11 comments:

Suttlemyre Family said...

Poor Haylee!!! If you need help with anything please let us know. She is always in our prayers. If she needs a friend to watch a movie with or a finger nail painting party, let us know. We love you guys. :)

Suttlemyre Family said...

P.S. I'm breaking down in tears right now. Thanks a lot.:)

Patterson5 said...

Liseanne, I can't even imagine what you are going through. And I can't even imagine what Halylee is going through either! She is such a sweetie. Know we are thinking of you both. Your family is in our prayers. If you need ANYTHING let me know. I know I live "clear up here," but I'd do anything for you and your fam. Please take care.

Natalie said...

Liseanne I am so sorry! Poor little Haylee, I hope she gets feeling better soon. We will definatly keep your whole family in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything if you need chester and Grady to come up we have a fun play room!!!

Joanna said...

we LOVE you Haylee and we are all praying for you. The girls all say "please bless Haylees Heart" xoxo

Chris and Kerri said...

Liseanne, I am so sad to hear this. I just love Haylee. Please, please let me know if you need ANYTHING. Remember, I don't have kids yet and so I don't mind taking in a couple of yours :o) I would love it. Call me anytime you need anything.
Love, Kerri

Swain Family said...

After reading your post and hearing about Haylee and having Jennie keep me up to date on things, my heart goes out to you guys. Apparentley the Lord feels you are prepared to grow even more. You guys are great examples and I can't help, but think of Richard G. Scott when he said, "Your Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son love you perfectly. They would not require you to experience a moment more of difficulty than is absolutely needed for your personal benefit or for that of those you love."

Tell Haylee I said Hi and you guys will be in our prayers.

allredclan said...

Home school? Are you kidding me?!?!?? Does it count if you home school her from Kiddie Kollege? You are in our prayers.

Deanna said...

That is sooooo sad. I can't belive it came back like that. Poor little girl!

Karalee said...

I'm so sorry! We hope she gets better soon! Haylee, you are in our prayers! Let us know if you need anything!!

just dandee said...

Oh, poor Haylee. I am so sorry she has to go through this. You are an amazing person that was given this challenge because I am sure you can do this. My prayers are with your family.