Thursday, May 8, 2008

I know, I KNOW!!! I have been slacking in the blogging business. I still need to go to my mommy's house and get my pictures from the fish farm to post those! But in the mean time, I thought you would find this amusing. The following is a conversation I heard Cordell and Kayden having.


C - (running in) "Mom, Mom!! Can I have my BB Gun? There are lots of birds outside that I want to shoot. PLEASE!!!

M - Sure! (get him his BB Gun)

K - I hope you get your first bird Cordell!

C - Yeah because then I can cut off the head and hang it on my wall just like a deer!


And off they went. Curios to see if he could actually hit one, I followed with the camera (like a good blogger/mom should)
He is TOTALLY pointing that towards a house (BIG No-No) but I really wanted him to get a bird. He missed that one so off he snuck to find another......
This time he actually hit the fence above the bird's head, and the bird flew away. It was fun to watch him sneak around. He reminded me of Elmer Fudd "I'm hunting wabbits" he would have the exact stance....gun pointed and ready, shoulders up, head slightly tucked down to sight in the bird, tip toeing around.

I would LOVE for him to shoot a bird because I know what great joy that would bring him, but I dread the thought of destroying his dreams of "cutting off the head to hang it on his wall"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job at huntin wabbits, I mean birds! I can't believe Im your first comment, must be my lucky day. It's about times you posted though.

Suttlemyre Family said...

Good job boys. That is the funniest story. I can just picture it in my mind. Better luck next time. I hope you get that dirty little bird.

Joanna said...

FUNNY! I love that kid. I hope he gets a bird.

Unknown said...

The boys just need a little lesson on aming. Jeff could show them. then you could have a pile of birds. Enough for dinner

matt

Unknown said...

The boys just need a little lesson on aming. Jeff could show them. then you could have a pile of birds. Enough for dinner

matt