Saturday, December 1, 2007

Working with wood is FUN!!!!!!

Most of you know that I am making a Barbie House for Haylee. Tonight I decided to start on the furniture, (because I am at a stand still with the house.) Here is my first project......Patio Furniture..... Lounge chair and table




Cutting each slat and gluing them on one by one took the most time.


I knew that Jeff's weights would be useful for something...
Here they are finished and assembled. I think I will paint them white.Here it is with Barbie...Don't mind the sawdust in her hair...or the fact that she is Naked. We have been working all night...only I was fully clothed.

Here is one headboard that I made. I have yet to put the bed together, but that will be quick!Here are some scrap pieces of wood that I cut for more furniture...

This is almost a couch.....

Here is the finished couch and love seat.....Does anybody know how to upholster??

I hope I get the actual House finished for all this cool furniture!!

3 comments:

AF Nixons said...

Great furniture! Could you just human-size that lawn chair for me? :)

Joanna said...

you are amazing! Really you should try making adult size furniture. One day I am sure you will.
I can't wait to see the house.

Brady Nixon said...

Did you ever take wood shop in school?